Monday, September 1, 2008

bubonic plauge or hangover, i can't decide.


I could be doing work, I certainly have no shortage of work. I mean I literally have like piles of papers and notebooks I should be paying attention too. In fact they are surrounding me as I speak, looming over me, whispering words of insurmountable stress in my ear. Truth be told, I'm not even really sure I can get this mound, this mound that is the size of effing croatia, this mound that is my work, finished before tomorrow.

So instead of you know, being productive or something, I am sitting here trying to peg down what exactly this taste is in my mouth. god knows what I did last night that left god only knows what kind of funk coating on my tongue. maybe it was that 3 a.m. square biscuit or maybe it was the hangover cat. What is the hangover cat you ask? Its the cat that shits in your mouth while you sleep and only visits when you have had too much to drink. Kind of like the toothfairy for adults and about 100 orders of magnitude less fun.

Maybe ill get around to brushing my teeth or something. or maybe ill look at face book 23 more times. I might even make the heroic effort of moving the three feet that is required for me to drop like a sack of dead cows on my bed and read john grisham. Who knows, maybe I'll learn something about topoisomerases.


p.s. so this taste in my mouth - its like maybe I ate a jolly rancher an hour ago and also I had some apples fermenting in my cheeks and throw in the acrid taste of a bitter hangover and that is what is coating my tounge like death. A nap is in order.

No comments: